HASTINESS (BATHARISMUS) IS A DISORDER WHERE THE PERSON SUFFERING FROM THE DISORDER IS UNAWARE OF ITS EXISTANCE. IT INCLUDES CHAOS, SWIFT TRANSITIONS FROM ONE THOUGHT TO THE NEXT, AND IN MOST CASES AN ACCELERATED SPEECH PACE.
PATHOLOGICALLY SLOW SPEECH (BRADYLALIA) OCCURS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF ORGANIC DISEASES ON THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM, MOST OFTEN ENDOCRINE DISEASES. IT IS MORE FREQUENT IN MENTALLY RETARDED CHILDREN.
HASTINESS (BATHARISMUS) is a verbal manifestation of central linguistic imbalances that affects all channels of communication (reading, writing, rhythm and behaviour in general), both in children and adults.
- the syndrome of hastiness contains numerous disorders, and as such is hard to recognize. It is important to notice that the child has difficulties accepting the norms imposed by the environment, and it sets its own governing norms. The child quickly gets bored with games; he or she changes activities without any order and forgets the activities previously engaged in.
- children superficially master speech because they are not focused on the speech of their environment; they often make inadequate pauses, use inadequate melody and intonation, pile up words, and sometimes stutter. When they start school there are additional difficulties in reading and writing.
- children more often come to a speech pathology centre because of some other communication disorder, rather than hastiness.
- adults come to therapy in speech pathology centres most often due to frustration in communicating with the environment. They consciously enter the process of therapy motivated to overcome their difficulty better and faster.
In PATHOLOGICALLY SLOW SPEECH (BRADYLALIE) people have difficulties in perceiving the speech of their environment because it has a different rhythm and pace than their own, leading to a lack of understanding of the information sent to them.
- the characteristic of slow speech is the extension of all sounds, nasality and inertia.
- it should be emphasized that the thought processes are slow, there is a distinct inflexibility in reactions, and the speech is tedious, extended and vague.